30 August 2019
New date: Sydney October 2, 2019
GBMA Education, the educational arm of the Generic and Biosimilar Medicines Association (GBMA), is pleased to announce the Minister for Health, the Hon. Greg Hunt MP, will deliver the keynote address at the forthcoming ’Your Patients, Your Government’ Multidisciplinary Forum and Workshop for biosimilar medicines.
This key Biosimilar Grant event will now take place on October 2, 2019.
GBMA Education is honoured Minister Hunt has accepted the organised invitation to deliver the keynote address. Following this address, healthcare leaders will facilitate solution-driven discussions around key recurring topics for biosimilar medicines that have been raised across the healthcare system. The three panel discussions will cover:
- Tracking and traceability, and pharmacovigilance
- Patient-centric care and the ‘human factor’
- Health economics and sustainability of the PBS.
The event provides an opportunity to bring together stakeholders from across the healthcare sector, exploring critical topics for biosimilar medicines and their role in supporting the future of sustainable healthcare in Australia. Panellists for the event include:
- Ms Penny Shakespeare, Department of Health Deputy Secretary for Health Financing
- Dr John Skerritt, Department of Health Deputy Secretary for Health Products Regulation
- Prof. Stephen Clarke, Medical oncologist at the Northern Cancer Institute and Royal North Shore Hospital, Director of Cancer Services at Northern Sydney Local Health District and Professor of Medicine at the University of Sydney
- A/Prof Simone Strasser, President of the Gastroenterological Society of Australia (commencing October 2019)
- A/Prof Andrew Miller, Immediate Past President of the Australasian College of Dermatologists
- Dr Mona Marabani, Past President of the Australian Rheumatology Association and Co-Chair of the Biosimilars Working Group
- Dr Simon Ghaly, Head of the Inflammatory Bowel Disease Service and Staff Specialist at St. Vincent’s Hospital and patient representative
- Dr Harry Nespolon, President Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
- A/Prof. Michael Ward, Discipline Leader: Pharmacy Education, School of Pharmacy and Medical Sciences, University of South Australia
- David Ford, Executive Director Pharmacy and Redevelopment, North East Health.
GBMA Education looks forward to welcoming all attendees and extends an invite to the health sector to view the keynote address online via national livestream. Please register your details at the following site – www.eventful.com.au/gbmaeducationlive
‘GBMA Education YOUR PATIENTS, YOUR GOVERNMENT’
Date: Wednesday, 2 October 2019
Time: 6.00pm – 9.20pm AEST
LIVESTREAM: 6:45pm – 7:30pm
Location: NSW Parliament
6 Macquarie Street, Sydney NSW 2000
For further information, please visit www.biosimilarhub.com.au/events
About GBMA Education
GBMA Education is the educational arm of the Generic and Biosimilar Medicines Association (GBMA), which is the representative body of generic and biosimilar medicine suppliers in Australia.
GBMA was awarded the Biosimilar Education Grant by the Australian Government in April 2018 and formed GBMA Education to deliver the educational program. The purpose of the Grant is to increase confidence in the use of biosimilar brands of biological medicines that are listed on the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS). Through the increased use of biosimilar medicines, the objective is to support a competitive market for biological medicines via peer-to-peer health communication activities.
Further information and resources
For ongoing communications from GBMA Education regarding biosimilar medicines, including news and research updates, register you details atwww.biosimilarhub.com.au/register
Media enquiries for GBMA Education are coordinated by Cube Public Relations.
Please contact Cube in the first instance via: GBMAmediaenquiries@cube.com.au or M: 0402 994 120 (Kelly Smith) / 0417 421 560 (Anne-Marie Sparrow).