The Generic and Biosimilar Medicines Association (GBMA) is a representative body of generic and biosimilar medicine suppliers in Australia. Its members ensure that all Australians are offered the highest quality generic and biosimilar medicines in the world whilst providing affordable community health outcomes that benefit all Australians.
Members of GBMA adhere to a common set of principles
- To make high quality medicines affordable for all Australians, today and for the future.
- To provide ongoing education and professional development to Australian healthcare professionals to support community health outcomes that assists all Australians.
- To support high standards in the manufacture of generic medicines; making Australian generic medicines consistently safe, effective, of high quality and a global benchmark.
- To ensure high standards of conduct by adhering to a strict Code of Practice.
- To adhere to a system of best practice and ethical standards whilst providing pricing benefits to pharmacy, patients and the Australian tax payer.
- To respect the intellectual property rights of truly innovative medicines.